ProTitleUSA prides itself on utilizing a professional title examiner to verify the quality of a title search report before it is released to our clients. If the title search is proven to have any substantial errors, we will refund the full price charged for the search. All you need to do is notify us of any suspected errors and once confirmed that the errors are made by our staff, we will refund your payment in full.
Please note that a confirmation email is always sent to the client for which they are to review the summary of the order they placed. An error which occurs on the part of the client during the ordering process is not subject to a refund if no contact was made to correct said error prior to delivery of the completed report.
Possible errors which do not result in a refund include, but are not limited to: incorrect/incomplete address, incorrect parcel or name, invalid email address which results in an undeliverable report.
It is the responsibility of the client to contact our office if they do not receive a confirmation email.
In NJ, PA, NY and MA, a tax certificate is required for tax status/tax lien verification for an additional fee. Any information included on our reports without a certificate is not insurable and is unverified.
Terms of the ProTitleUSA guarantee are as follows:
- Mail or email the written notice of suspected error by postal mail within 20 days of the order
- Refund must not exceed cost of ordered search
- Error must be verified not to exist in county records for the following reasons
- ⇨Improper recorded documents by county clerk
- ⇨Misfiled documents
- ⇨Name or address or parcel errors (such as misspelling or wrong parcel number) made by county clerk during recording
- ⇨Improper property legal description on the document, not matching the deed
- Substantial errors are considered to be a missing deed, open lien or open mortgage
- The following errors are not considered significant:
- ⇨Typographical errors
- ⇨Tax status
- ⇨Comparable sales and comparable analysis
- ⇨Document numbers
- ⇨Zoning and legal description
- All records must be properly recorded in a county office, other records offices are not searched
- Refunds are applicable to residential searches only.
This ProTitleUSA guarantee offer is final. We are confident in our title search process and want to reassure our clients that accuracy is everything in our business.