Property Title Searches in Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania. It is home to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and other American Revolutionary sites.
What Title Services are Included in a Philadelphia, PA Title Search?
A Philadelphia, PA title search provides information such as ownership history via title deeds, mortgages, judgments and liens that are filed in the county’s property records. Property taxes and assessment will also be detailed. In Philadelphia, property specific liens such as city liens and utilities, as well as child support liens, can be quite difficult to find. ProTitleUSA’s title reports will ensure all of these are accurately searched for and provided.
Title Search Pricing in Philadelphia, PA
Type of Search
O&E Search (Residential)
Two Owner Search (Residential)
30-Year Search (Residential)
How to Find Liens in Philadelphia, PA
Thinking of running a search on a property in Philadelphia, PA? Don’t think for a second that you’ll be able to do it from the comfort of your house. While some pertinent information can be found online, many dangerous lien documents can only be found during an in-person visit to the municipal building. So in addition to the typical land records search, be prepared to search in a number of other places to locate all aspects of the title search. Let’s dive in.
Nuisance Liens are liens for tax balances, unpaid water/sewer/gas, trash and recycling, real estate taxes, work done by the city, and code enforcement. Some of these liens can be found online, but many of them are only accessible by visiting the municipal building in person. It is there that you can access the computer terminals near the Judgment and Lien Index Office and log into their secured system.
Let’s go through some specific lien types one by one.
- Refuse Liens can be found by accessing the TIPS Accounting System via the city computer terminal.
- Real Estate Tax & Utility Liens can be found by accessing the Locality / IN REM Index via the city computer terminal.
- Municipal and Code Enforcement Liens can be found by accessing the Municipal Claims/Liens System via the city computer terminal.
- In addition, water account balances and liens must also be searched online as they are not all available on the city’s computers.
- Gas balances which are not yet liens can be obtained by contacting PGW and even then, you may be required to email them in order to obtain the information. At times, the information will only be released to the homeowner.
- Civil cases including foreclosure cases can be searched online where the city keeps their electronic dockets.
- PA Child Support Liens can only be accessed via their online site, which requires a login and password as well as the debtor’s full social security number.
If you don’t feel like going on a scavenger hunt to ensure you’re finding all judgments and liens in Philadelphia, contact ProTitleUSA, a nationwide title company, who can do it for you!
Pennsylvania counties served
Adams, Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Berks, Blair, Bradford, Bucks, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Columbia, Crawford, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntington, Indiana, Jefferson, Juniata, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lawrence, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Mifflin, Monroe, Montgomery, Montour, Northampton, Northumberland, Perry, Philadelphia, Pike, Potter, Schuylkill, Snyder, Somerset, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Venango, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Westmoreland, Wyoming and York.
Frequently Asked Questions
From Customers in Philadelphia, PA
How long does a title search take in Philadelphia?
How do I get a title search from ProTitleUSA?
“I'm so impressed with ProTitleUSA. I purchased a title search on a property at 10:02 PM Tuesday evening. The 52 page report was in my inbox at 12:26 PM Wednesday morning. We didn't even pay for the expedited processing. The report includes so much more background than I ever imagined. If I ever have a future need for a title search, I'll definitely work with ProTitleUSA.” –MS
“I work for a mortgage company and have used this company several times and the web site, turn times and work professionalism with their products is great. I will recommend this company to any of colleagues.” –MD
“I use ProTitleUSA to get O&E reports on a very regular basis. I use them because they always meet their SLAs and their email communication is very crisp.” –DD