What is a 30-Year Search?
A 30-Year Search is a report that covers ownership transfers and all encumbrances on the property that were filed within the last 30 years.
What is included in a 30-Year Search?
- Tax Status
- Chain of Title showing all deeds that were filed over the 30 year time period
- Open mortgages and liens on the property that were filed over the 30 year time period
- Judgments and liens against the owners in the chain of title
- Easements, Rights of Way, Restrictions, etc. that are filed during the scope of the search
- New York's ECB and DOB Search
- New Jersey's Upper Court Judgment Search
- Pennsylvania's Child Support and Prothonotary Search
- Miami Dade, Florida's Code Violation Search
- Maryland's Department of Wills Search
Will the report include any mortgages or liens that were filed over 30 years ago?
No, the report will only include documents that were filed during the scope of the search. An upgrade to a State Statute Search would be required if a report of all possible open encumbrances is required.
What is the cost of a 30-Year Report?
A 30-Year Report can range from $150 to upwards of $450. There are many variables that determine the cost of a search such as the property's location and the overall complexity. Additionally, if the property is zoned as commercial real estate, there would be an additional fee.
How is the report delivered?
The report is delivered in PDF format and includes an easy-to-read summary sheet along with pertinent pages of all documents that were found during the scope of the search. Customization of the final report is also available. If preferred, information can be returned via API or spreadsheet.