TPOL Exceptions Review and Correlation to Title Results
- Title policy review compares the mortgagee's title policy against ProTitleUSA's search to ensure:
- Mortgagee's policy is complete and correct. If it is incomplete, the missing jacket or schedules need to be requested.
- Prior liens and judgments have been released or have expired by statute of limitations. If prior judgments and liens exist, a title claim should be filed.
- Everyone who owned the property when the security instrument was signed also executed the security instrument. If a party did not sign, a title claim should be filed.
- Mortgagee's title policy schedules correctly identify the security instrument's insurance amount, insured, legal description and description of security instrument. If it does not, the endorsement should be requested.
Information can be available in the All-in-One Tax & Title Dashboard, or as a stand alone service.